Servicing and Supplying New York City and Long Island Since 1920
Glendale Lumber was founded in 1920 on Proctor Street (73rd Place) in Glendale, NY by Edward Wagner. This was just the beginning of what would become a family tradition. Ed Wagner ran the business until his untimely death in 1931. Ed Wagner's son, Frank Wagner, took over a rising business and carried it throughout the 1930's and into 1940's.
During this time Franks's son John (a.k.a. Jack) started in the family business. Once World War II started Jack at the age of 18 was drafted and sent to Europe. After a decorated military career, which saw Jack receive many medals including 2 Purple Hearts, he was back at Glendale Lumber a ready to continue the business with his father. In 1953 Frank Wagner passed away and left the business to Jack. The 1950's saw Glendale Lumber rise to new heights in the building material business.